What is Physiotherapy?
Human physiotherapy is a well-established principle of medical treatment and now physiotherapy for small animals is increasingly in demand as a form of rehabilitation. Pet owners are seeking out holistic, non-invasive treatments where they can see positive, progressive results and can be involved in the care process themselves.
What are the benefits?
Veterinary physiotherapists work under referral from veterinary surgeons to help reduce pain, swelling and muscle spasm, encourage healing, improve mobility and prevent recurrence of injury in animals. Physiotherapy is not a substitute for veterinary treatment, but an important adjunct.
Rehabilitation does not just focus on the injured or affected area of the body, it treats the patient as a whole. It takes into account compensatory issues and the additional stresses placed on other muscles and joints across the entire body. We offer a range of treatments to help keep your pet happy, healthy and comfortable (and who doesn’t love a massage?).
What Conditions can be treated with Physiotherapy?
- We can treat many types of issues with Physiotherapy
- Pre and post surgical orthopaedic cases
- Pre and post surgical neurological cases
- Tendon, ligament and muscle strains
- Muscle atrophy
- Nerve damage
- Arthritis, stiffness and joint conditions
- Performance and function problems
- Maintenance treatments and massage